In August 2006, Mary Poppendieck was nice enough to entertain questions from my readers on the topic of Lean for Software. Some great questions were submitted and Mary answered them.
Here are Mary Poppendieck’s other responses to readers’ questions:
- Original Article to Ask Mary Poppendieck Anything
- Mary Poppendieck’s Answers to ALL Readers’ Questions
- Should Lean be Top-down or Bottom-up?
- An Interview with Mary Poppendieck with Pete Abilla
- Mary Poppendieck on the Handoff and Waste
Well, she’s willing to do that again, so please submit your questions for Mary and she will answer some of those questions. I will then post her responses on future posts. Here’s the process:
- Submit your questions on Lean for Software or Agile in the comments below.
- I will close comments on November 25.
- I will begin posting Mary’s answers after November 25, 2007.
Here is Mary’s Biography:
Mary Poppendieck has been in the Information Technology industry for thirty years. She has managed solutions in software development, supply chain management, manufacturing operations, and new product development.
A popular writer and speaker, Mary’s classes apply lean principles to Software Development problems and offer a fresh perspective on software development processes. She is the author of Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit for Software Development Managers (Paperback) and Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash (Paperback).
Please ask your tough questions — Mary will most likely have something to teach us all.