Standard Work in Lean Six Sigma is a very misunderstood topic. We explain Standard Work in this video and show you how to begin applying this principle today.
Taiichi Ohno is credited with having said:
When there is no standard, there is no Kaizen
In other words, when a process is performed unsystematically in different ways, then:
- There can be no basis for comparison (before/after)
- One cannot objectively tell if there was a difference or change
- No improvement is possible in regards to Time, Quality, Quantity, Cost, etc.
In this 5:36 minute Premium HD Video, we cover the following topics:
- What is Standardization
- Why is Standardization Important?
- View an example of a Standard Work Instruction Sheet – a practical element in the practice of Standard Work.
And, premium members will be able to download a Standard Work Instruction Template as part of your premium membership.
Only Premium Shmula.com Members Can Access This Content
Already a Premium Member?
Not a Premium Member Yet?