In this module, we’ll discuss the following various statistical approached utilized in Six Sigma.
1. The Purpose of Basic Statistics
The purpose for statistics in Six Sigma are the following:
- Provide a numerical summary of the data being analyzed.
- Provide the basis for making inferences about the future.
- Provide the foundation for assessing process capability.
- Provide a common language to be used throughout the organization.
Statistics is the basic language of Six Sigma. A good understanding of statistics is the foundation upon which many of the subsequent tools will be used.
1.2 Statistical Notation Cheat Sheet
Don’t bother memorizing any of this, but refer to this as needed.
Only Premium Shmula.com Members Can Access This Content
Already a Premium Member?
Not a Premium Member Yet?