When you understand the Lean philosophy, this question comes to mind. Even though the philosophy is geared to the manufacturing process, it has immense flexibility across all sectors and logically should fit with your sales operations. The key to success would be, like any other sector, the structure of your sales organizations and the willingness to implement the Lean philosophy. A well-established, top-down leadership is crucial to rearrange the work pattern to which your team is accustomed. Having a manager that is well-respected, energetic and eager to apply a lean approach to business is the perfect combination that will make employees less apprehensive and more interested.
Applying the Philosophy to Sales
The same way you apply Lean to your physical production, there is a similar sale kaizen that will apply to your strategies. Here are five ways that you can start analyzing and improving your process:
- Value Stream Mapping – Analyze your sales process and the customer’s buying process.
- Apply the 5S’s- Clean your house and eliminate sale processes that aren’t needed.
- Value Your Quality – The quality of your leads list allows you to work smarter.
- Lead Nurturing & Generation – Selling and nurturing leads are two separate concepts. Make customers feel comfortable first!
- Sales Kaizen – It’s all about constant improvement.
Enjoying a Lean Sales Force
A sales organization that operates with a focused Lean philosophy will benefit just as much as a manufacturing organization. Lean brings to the table efficiencies along with a deep understanding of customer needs and desires. After all, that is the basic core element of sales, isn’t it? When you understand the customer, then you can efficiently tailor a process that exceeds expectations and creates a better environment for closing the sale. Customers will organically become more loyal, and you will also attract new business that was hidden before by a clumsy process. Sales is all about being in perfect harmony with customers, and a Lean sale philosophy can and will deliver!