In the introduction to the Measure Phase, I mentioned that our focus is in the practical use of data. In that spirit, by the end of this module on Data Types in Six Sigma,
- You’ll understand the role of data in Six Sigma
- Know the difference between discrete and continuous data
- Know how to collect data
In six sigma, data helps us to:
- Identify gaps between what is and what should be
- Find significance
- Understand frequency or how often something happens
- Verify whether the changes we made produced the effects we predicted
- And Compare processes
Watch the video (5:24 minutes) below to learn more.
Reference Images and Tables
Below are the images used in the video, for your reference.