Similar to a Chute Conveyor, Wheel Conveyor, Roller Conveyor, and Chain Conveyor, Slat Conveyor, Flat Belt Conveyor, Magnetic Belt Conveyor, Troughed Belt Conveyor, Bucket Conveyor, Vibrating Conveyor, and Screw Conveyor, a Pneumatic Conveyor is another transport equipment designed to move material efficiently from one location to another.
|Other Conveyors to Consider|
In general, a Pneumatic Conveyor is ideal for these conditions:
- Bulk/Unit + Overhead
- Can be used for both bulk and unit movement of materials
- Air pressure is used to convey materials through a system of vertical and horizontal tubes
- Major advantages are that material is completely enclosed and it is easy to implement turns and vertical moves
There are 2 types of Pneumatic Conveyors: Dilute Phase and Carrier System.
Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveyor
For liquid material,
- Moves a mixture of air and solid
- Push (positive pressure) systems push material from one entry point to several discharge points
- Pull (negative pressure or vacuum) systems move material from several entry points to one discharge point
- Push-pull systems are combinations with multiple entry and discharge points
Carrier System Pneumatic Conveyor
Carriers are used to transport items or paperwork (e.g., money from drive-in stalls at banks) or at an ATM machine at your local bank.