Similar to a Chute Conveyor, Wheel Conveyor, Roller Conveyor, and Chain Conveyor, a Slat Conveyor is another transport equipment designed to move material efficiently from one location to another. The big difference is that a Chain Conveyor is not based on gravity, but on mechanics and electricity and it’s application is a bit more specific to the type of operation.
|Other Conveyors to Consider|
Slat conveyors can be used for transportation, accumulation, assembly, side loading and unloading and frequent stop/start applications.
- Unit + In-/On-Floor + No Accumulate
- Uses discretely spaced slats connected to a chain
- Unit being transported retains its position (like a belt conveyor)
- Orientation and placement of the load is controlled
- Used for heavy loads or loads that might damage a belt
- Bottling and canning plants use flat chain or slat conveyors because of wet conditions, temperature, and cleanliness requirements
- Tilt slat conveyor used for sortation
Below is a video showing an application of a Slat Conveyor: