This page contains a comprehensive list of interviews Shmula.com has held with business leaders, innovation thought leaders, and customer experience practitioners. It’s my hope that the words found in these interviews may be helpful to you in some small degree.
Customer Experience Leaders
- Rackspace Interview on Customer Experience: We interviewed Mark Roenigk on June 10, 2013. We discussed the Net Promoter Score and also topics around process improvement and how Rackspace places the customer first.
- Shep Hyken Customer Service Interview: We interviewed Shep Hyken on June 3, 2013 and discussed topics close to his heart – the customer. We focused our discussion on customer service and how focusing on the customer is strategic, not just tactical.
- Annette Franz Gleneicki on Customer Experience Strategy: Annette Gleneicki is a customer experience thought leader and Director at Confirmit, a voice of the customer platform. We discuss her thoughts on customer experience and the direction of the overall field.
- Michel Falcon on Improving the Customer Experience: Michel Falcon is a former executive at 1800GOTJUNK and was the person who propelled 1800GOTJUNK to become a customer service powerhouse. In this interview, we discuss what he did and the lessons he learned.
- Adam Ramshaw, a customer experience consultant with Genroe, explains the relationship between continuous improvement and customer experience.
In March 2010, I held a 2 part series of interview with Gretchen Rubin, the author of the Happiness Project. Her answers to reader’s questions on a variety of topics centering on happiness will enlighten you.
- Gretchen Rubin, the author of The Happiness Project, shares with us here thoughts on how to be happy and what our part is in choosing to be happy.
- Gretchen Rubin, the author of The Happiness Project, answers questions on happiness. This is Part 1 of 2.
- In part 2 of 2, Gretchen Rubin, the author of the Happiness project answers more questions on how to be happy.
In December 2008, I was fortunate enough to interview Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos. In a 5 part series of interviews, we discuss the Zappos strategy and Tony answers questions on why he chooses to focus on the customer and how he sees that as strategic. Below is the post series:
- Interview Questions from shmula.com blog readers
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, Part 1
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, Part 2
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, Part 3
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, Part 4
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, Part 5
Company and Innovation Interviews
- Interview with Aza Raskin, on the Humane Interface. He discusses Agile Software Engineering.
- Aza Raskin discusses the “infinite scroll” approach to Google search results.
- Aza Raskin shares his thoughts on Feature Bloat (aka, “Featuritis”)
- Aza Raskin describes the concept of Quasimodal Design.
- Aza Raskin explains the role of Poka Yoke in the User Experience
- The inventor of Clocky, Gauri Nanda, shares with us her thoughts on innovation and the birth of Clocky.
- Mary Poppendieck explains Lean Software Engineering.
- Kaboodle, was clearly the predecessor to Pinterest. We learn about Kaboodle and the innovation behind it.
- Another interview with Mary Poppendieck where she explains Lean Software Engineering to a Lean Six Sigma audience.
- Original Article to Ask Mary Poppendieck Anything
- Mary Poppendieck’s Answers to ALL Readers’ Questions
- Should Lean be Top-down or Bottom-up?
- An Interview with Mary Poppendieck with Pete Abilla
- Mary Poppendieck on the Handoff and Waste
- Spencer Rascoff, the CFO of Zillow, shares with us his thoughts on this interview with Zillow back in June 2006.
- Josh Coates, the founder of Mozy, shares with us jokes and the innovation behind Mozy.
- Lloyd Hildebrand describes Diabetic Retinopathy and how Inoveon aims to eradicate diabetic retinopathy.
- Ryan Kiskis of xFire, the developer of World of Warcraft, explains his thoughts on innovation.
- Contact management company, Plaxo, is the predecessor to linkedin. We learn about how they view innovation.
- Bzzagent, the word of mouth marketing company, explains the power of the buzz.